Sunday 15 March 2015

Food: Long White Cloud, Hoxton

The Long White Cloud sports a cosy shop-front on Hackney Road, in close vicinity to many other trendy cafes in the area. Happily though, it has some fine homemade touches, so when I visited on a cold Saturday morning it felt like being greeted by family.  Wooden tables line the length of the narrow interior, the white walls adorned with prints from a local artist (who herself appeared to be present with her family whilst I was there).  On my visit, I was served by a lovely lady who carried her newborn baby at her bosom. I saw batches of banana cake being freshly prepared, making me wish I had timed my visit a little later to coincide with the smell of freshly baked goods coming out of the oven.

I had a delicious slice of taleggio and mushroom pie, served with some freshly-prepared salads. Their counter stock pastries, Tim Tams and homemade gluten free treats.

Long White Cloud, 151 Hackney Road, E2 8JL

No comments:

Post a Comment