Saturday 6 June 2015

Coffee - Peanut Vendor, Coffee Project - Bow

It's Field Day Saturday morning and I can hear the sound checks from my balcony. The sun is shining and London is coming out to play. Finally, maybe it's the start of summer. Something else is starting in my neighbourhood - the opening of the Coffee Project, which is housed within the relatively new furniture store, the Peanut Vendor.


The shiny new coffee machine pumps out coffee from Alchemy. Teas come from Good and Proper Tea. Pastries and cakes come from local makers Yeast Bakery and Victoria Yum. All very much up to scratch.

As my aunt says, "Does your camera get to eat first before I do?" So a little bite first for me.
The Coffee Project germinated from a successful Kickstarter campaign, so along with many other local residents who supported the project, I look forward to coming back again to hang out, read the paper, and watch the dog walkers, children and cyclists amble past on their way to Victoria Park.

As for the Peanut Vendor furniture section, as you can see they sell mainly vintage and mid-century furniture.  I've stuck my nose into the store on a number of occasions and it seems like they re-stock pretty regularly. They also have some interesting gifts (charcoal soap, anyone?) and stationery.


The owners, Becky and Barny, have done really well with utilising the large, light filled space in a way that makes both the shop and coffee bar appear relaxed and inviting.

The Peanut Vendor and the Coffee Project is at: 6 Gunmakers Lane, Gunmakers Wharf, Bow, E3 5GG, on the south side of Victoria Park, close to the Gunmakers Gate entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment